Thursday 2 December 2010

Paree

 

Just waiting for the washing machine to finish so I can put the last items out to dry before we pack for our trip to Paris. I'm so looking forward to it, it's just unbelieveable.


This will be our first official 'overseas' holiday together, as I don't really count heading back to the UK as that's just a hop away.





Rob and myself were walking out of town and he was explaining his concern at trying to converse in French (this is where my year 9 French comes into play), after trying to teach him a few basic phrases he goes 'Ok, you talk with the French; should we go to Germany ... I'll speak the German'.  This is all down to our schooling back home in England, Rob went to school down in London and German was the language offered to him. I went to school in Shropshire and was lucky enough to have French as my first taught language and offered Latin or German in year 9 (I went for the Latin). Personally I'm not a fan of the German language, it's so harsh. But the beautiful tones of the French language. Oh, I love it.

We went into town earlier and picked up a small guide to Paris with a few phrases and a map of the area and one of the metro! We grabbed a late brunch in Puccino's, which is an awesome little restaurant and I blew the diet by having a cheese, bacon and mushroom filled croissant! Totally was worth it!

Once we land in Paris which should be 13:40 (Paris Time) tomorrow, we'll be hopping on the Metro and hoping to find our way down to Versailles which shouldn't be too hard. Looking at the map we'll be on the RER B and need to change once to get onto the RER C and it's smooth sailing from there.


We have plans to visit all the little Christmas Markets, the Eiffel Tower, the Lourve, oh tres chic!

I've been following the Weight Watchers ProPoints system the last few weeks and it's given me the kick start I need. It got me past the barrier I was suffering with on Slimming World and I'm totally 4lbs underneath it. I just need to get it into a steady weight loss now. Also, on the weight loss front I measured my inches again this morning and I've lost a total of 4.5 inches this month alone taking the total since June to 15.75 inches! More, more I say!

Roll on Paree!

No comments:

Post a Comment